Is Olive Oil Massage Good For Babies’ Health?
Body massage is equally beneficial for kids and you. If you will give a relaxing massage to your kid then it will give a strengthening boost to your kid’s bones. The use of oil for baby’s massage is really good for appropriate skin protection. Baby massage is a very common thing but here you will get information about olive oil baby massage.
The oil will keep your baby’s skin free from any kind of skin damage. Here, we are going to discuss the use of olive oil for massage. Olive oil is the healthiest oil among all oil categories. You will get numerous nutritional values.
Anyhow, many of the natural oils are safe and effective too for giving a massage to your baby’s softer skin. Aside from all other natural oils, olive oil is not the thing that you can use frequently for your baby’s massage.
In this article, we will let you know here, how many times in a month, your baby can have an olive oil massage. In which ways, olive oil massage could be excellent for your child’s skin and bones.
It is also pertinent to mention here that you could have a body massage for many other reasons like for muscles’ activation. No doubt, olive oil is the best option for dry and cracked skin.
Olive oil is the richest source for healthy fats
- Omega-3 fatty acids
- Omega-6 is another healthy fat
- Linoleic acid
- Oleic acid
These above fats in olive oil will give the following baby massage benefits
Baby massage is not only good for maintaining health; even it’s good in developing your strong bond. Anyhow, the following are the enlisted benefits of baby massage.
- A good massage will improve your baby’s physical interaction
- It will encourage your kids’ eye contact
- Your little kid will be able to tolerate anxiety. Yes, it’s true, your little one could be caught in anxiety issues
- Massage will help you to relax your kid’s stress hormone
- Sleeping habits will become better because of massage
- After revamping the relaxation mood your kid, there will be a noticeable reduction in crying
Avoid giving the massage, right after feeding your baby. Secondly, you will need to keep in mind, never give a tummy massage to your baby after feeding. It could cause vomiting. 45 minutes gap is good between massage and feeding.
Olive Oil has the specific massage benefits which are given below
- With olive oil massage, your kid’s body will have reduced inflammation
- Your baby will get healthy skin
- His bones will get stronger
- Eating and sleeping habits will become better
- No crying
- No anxiety
- Avoid making olive oil massage a regular thing for your baby
- On the other hand, if you want to give regular massage to your kid then you can consider other vegetable oils like canola. But be sure about the difference between olive oil and canola oil. So, in this regard, you need to read Olive Oil vs Canola Oil
- You can use olive oil for a baby massage once a month
Points of extra care regarding olive oil baby massage
- Regular use of olive oil on your babies skin could cause skin allergies
Following are the types of olive oil for babies’ massage
- If you want to avoid applying chemicals on your baby’s skin then you should prefer to use extra virgin olive oil. Because extra virgin olive oil is the purest one from all kinds of chemicals
- Extra virgin olive oil is also good to use on baby’s hair and scalp for nourishing them well but you will have to use it in little quantity